Informational events our coalition members have hosted during 2021 include:
- January 19: Israeli Historian Endorses Mavi Marmara Film \ »Truth Lost At Sea\ »: “This is the definitive account of the brave attempt to break through the inhuman Israeli siege on the Gaza Strip. This documentary is an essential watch even for those who think they know it all by now about the barbarism and cruelty inflicted on the people of Gaza by the ‘Only Democracy in the Middle East’. ” – Professor Ilan Pappe, Director of the European Center for Palestine Studies, University of Exeter, UK
You can watch the film at https://www.journeyman.tv/film/7625/the-truth-lost-at-sea and find out more at: https://truthlostatsea.com/.
- Informational events our coalition members have hosted during 2020 include:
- May 31: Online konsert med Ship to Gaza Norway. Watch here.
- May 31: Online Event in Sweden hosted by Ship to Gaza Sweden: Zooma in Palestina
- May 31: Award-winning film The Truth: Lost at Sea, followed by a discussion with film-maker and Mavi Marmara survivor Rifat Audeh, Samah Sabawi and other Freedom Flotilla participants. Hosted by Gaza Freedom Flotilla Australia and Kia Ora Gaza with support from Canadian Boat to Gaza
- May 31: Events in Istanbul, Turkey to commemorate the 10 deaths by Israeli commandos on the Mavi Marmara ship hosted by Humanitarian Relief Foundation IHH. Read and share more background information on the Mavi Marmara from IHH. IHH holds events throughout 2020 and there were several events during the month of May.
- May 30: 10 year anniversary of Israeli Attack on the Mavi Marmara/Gaza Freedom Flotilla with Cultures of Resistance Films director Iara Lee, internationally renowned author Norman Finkelstein and ship survivors. The event can be watched here.
- May 30: Held in the Palestinian ports of Acre and Jaffa with on line panelists who sailed in the past to challenge the blockade as well as various artists and a Palestinian from Gaza this event in 1948 Palestine commemorated the 10th anniversary of the attack on the Freedom Flotilla and called for the lifting of the blockade on Gaza. Watch the recorded event here.
- May 28: A distinguished panel of international lawyers discuss national and international legal actions against the Israeli occupation, from the Gaza Freedom Flotillas to Annexation, hosted by South Africa’s Palestine Solidarity Alliance.
- 27 mayo: GAZA, 13 AÑOS DE BLOQUEO: MAVI MARMARA, 10º ANIVERSARIO. Organizado por Rumbo a Gaza. PARTICIPAN: Director de la película documental \ »FUEGO SOBRE EL MÁRMARA\ », pasajeros y testigos del asalto al Mavi Mármara. 18h. CEST / Madrid; 13h Buenos Aires; 12h Santiago de Chile, Puerto Rico; 11h. Bogotá, México DF, Lima. (In Spanish: documentary \ »Fire on the Marmara\ » followed by discussion with film-maker & other survivors of the attack on the Mavi Marmara).
- May 23: Award-winning film The Truth: Lost at Sea, followed by a discussion with film-maker and Mavi Marmara survivor Rifat Audeh and other Freedom Flotilla participants. Hosted by Canadian Boat to Gaza.
- May 10, 2020: Online rally for Gaza in Aotearoa / New Zealand, with a broad coalition of solidarity organizations including Free Flotilla member Kia Ora Gaza. Watch and share the video.
- May 9, 2020: Founding members of the Free Gaza Movement, Greta Berlin, Paul Larudee, Mary Hughes-Thompson, Vangelis Pissias, and Musheir El Farra discussed the challenges of fundraising and organizing the first two boats to reach the shores of Gaza with Ann Wright of the US Boats to Gaza campaign. They showed photos of the outpouring of goodwill from Palestinian people in Gaza as the boats arrived in August, 2008. We showed the trailer of for new movie \’Rock the Boat\’ about the 2008 sailings, directed by Kathy Sheetz.
- March 28, 2020 – \’Gaza Fights For Freedom\’ film showing/panel discussion
Canadian Boat to Gaza and others hosted this online movie showing and discussion with filmmaker Abby Martin, and with Raed Shakshak, Outreach Coordinator of We Are Not Numbers. On April 25, a similar webinar was held with partners and other solidarity groups in Australia and Aotearoa/New Zealand, including (Gaza Freedom Flotilla Australia and Kia Ora Gaza). A video of the panel discussion after the film is available on our YouTube channel here. To buy or rent the film, visit here.